Ubisoft wowed us with their Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 show. Here’s a full summary of every announcement from the Ubisoft Forward showcase:
Rainbow Six Extraction
- Rainbow Six Extraction now has a release date of 16 September 2021. There was also a significant gameplay reveal that showed us the structure of an actual mission. In Extraction, operators fight through New York, San Francisco, or Alaska to beat back the dreaded Sprawl, an alien parasite that has infested Earth.
- Rocksmith+ is a new subscription service that gives you everything you need to become a pro guitarist. The game gives access to a heap of different songs across pop, rock, metal, and so many more genres, with videos and tab sheets to help you learn. It is coming to PC, console, and mobile later this year.
- Rider’s Republic also got a release date at the Ubisoft Forward show. The massive multiplayer extreme sports sandbox will release on 02 September 2021, just a few weeks before Extraction. We also got a look at the Rider’s Ridge, a hub area in which you can meet friends, practice tricks, and manage your career.
Rainbow Six Siege
- Rainbow Six Siege’s 6th year is bringing the highly-anticipated crossplay and cross progression features. On June 30th, crossplay and cross progression will come to PC, Stadia, and Luna. Xbox and PlayStation will get a separate crossplay update in early 2022. Consoles and PC will stay separate, as the different inputs would lead to an unbalanced competitive scene. However, cross progression will allow you to carry progress between all platforms.
Just Dance 2022
- Just Dance 2022 is coming on 04 November 2021. We got a look at an exclusive version of Todrick Hall’s “Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels”, which will be in the full game. There will be 40 new songs to enjoy when Just Dance releases this Holiday.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is getting a second year of support, complete with new updates and expansions. This isn’t too much of a surprise, as Ubisoft confirmed that it has been the biggest launch for an Assassin’s Creed game ever. Before the second year kicks off, there’s still the second major expansion, The Siege of Paris, due this Summer. Valhalla’s Discovery Tour will also be coming later this year.
Far Cry 6 Season Pass
- The Far Cry 6 Season Pass trailer showed us the DLC plans for the upcoming sequel. In the post-launch content, players will be able to become Vaas, Pagan Min, and Joseph Seed, the infamous villains from Far Cry 3, 4, and 5. They will each get their own set of reality-bending missions, in which we can explore their minds.
Mario + Rabbids Sparks Of Hope
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope is a Nintendo Switch exclusive sequel being developed at Ubisoft. In this new adventure, Mario and friends leave the Mushroom Kingdom behind to save the Galaxy. Rosalina, Luma, and more will join the battle against evil, adding to the list of heroes from the original title. Sparks of Hope is set to launch in 2022.
Avatar: Frontiers Of Pandora
- Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora was the surprise announcement to close the show, and it looked gorgeous. We didn’t get lots of information, but Ubisoft have confirmed that it is an open world, AAA action-adventure title that is coming exclusively to Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC in 2022. That makes it one of the first AAA games being built exclusively for the new generation, and we couldn’t be more excited.
What do you think of this Ubisoft Forward summary? Which Ubisoft game are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments below, or over on our Discord, where you can join our growing community! Make sure to also subscribe to our YouTube channel, so that you can keep up with all of our E3 coverage and reactions.
Stay tuned to Generation Xbox for all the latest gaming news, reviews, previews, guides, and more!